Om Export India is an industry-leading provider of exceptional quality inconel round bar. We offer our client outstanding quality product at cheap price and minimum delivery time with perfect standard specifications. It is available in accordance with national and international quality standards. We supply Inconel Round Bars in different grades including Incoloy 825, we are offer round bars in various categories of Incoloy and Inconel.
It is nickel-iron-chromium alloy which contain some amounts of titanium, copper, and molybdenum. Its chemical composition offers great resistance in many corrosive conditions, such as crevice and intergranular corrosion, pitting and stress corrosion cracking. It has good mechanical properties from common to high temperature with a hot working range of 1600 to 2150ºF. It also maintains good weldability for all standard process.
Inconel 825 benefits
It is originate to offer outstanding resistance too many corrosive conditions but it even has enhance aqueous corrosion resistance. It also sustain excellent resistance to both oxidizing and reducing acids, to stress-corrosion cracking, and to localized attack such as crevice and pitting corrosion.
Incoloy 825 Applications
- Ammonium sulfate vessel
- Chemical process instruments
- Electrostatic precipitator electrode
- Expansion bellows
- Hot vessels for food, water and seawater
- Marine exhaust systems
- Phosphoric acid evaporators
- Pickling tank heaters, pickling tanks and instruments
- Propeller shafts
- Sulphur acid piping and vessels
- Tank trucks
Why is Inconel hard to machine?
It is extremely hard to machine because it does not acquire any softer while the temperature increases. And cold working process increases its hardness which make it difficult to get machine.
What is the disadvantage of Inconel?
There are some disadvantage of it in certain applications. Below given are some of disadvantage of using it:
- Cost – It is more expensive compare to other material such as stainless steel or carbon steel which make it less cost-effective for specific application.
- Machinability – It more difficult to machine compare to other material due to its hardness and high strength. Hence it increase the cost and time needed for fabrication and machining.
- Weldability – It can be more difficult to be weld compare to other material due to its high temperature and it even need special welding technique.
- Brittle fracture – It is liable to brittle fracture under specific condition such as exposure to high-stress concentration or in low temperature.
- Embrittlement – It can be liable to embrittlement under specific condition such as exposure to high temperature or certain chemical.