Om Export India is supplier of hastelloy c276 round bar, which is been manufacture by using high quality raw material which provide good strength to most elevate nature of industrial standard product. Our quality team examine all parameter of quality in order to ensure best quality product to our customer.
What is Alloy c276 rod?
It is an austenitic nickel molybdenum chromium alloy with some addition of tungsten. It is one of the prime corrosion resistant alloy which is available for industrial process. It provide excellent corrosion resistance both in oxidizing and reducing environments.
ASTM B574 UNS N10276 flat bar properties
- It provide excellent corrosion reducing environment
- It has exceptional resistance to strong solution of oxidizing salt such as cupric and ferric chloride
- It has high nickel and molybdenum content which provide good corrosion resistance in reducing conditions
- Its low carbon content which minimizes grain-boundary carbide precipitation while welding to maintain corrosion resistance in heat affected zone of welded joint
- It is resistant to localize corrosion such as pitting and stress corrosion cracking
- It resist corrosive effects of wet chlorine gas, hypochlorite and chloride dioxide
hastelloy c276 vs c22
Hastelloy C276 and C22 are frequently mixed up or welded together regularly. It is a representation of a family of corrosion resistant alloys. Both are from hastelloy family and this similarity can create doubt.
But hastelloy C22 rod has better overall corrosion resistance compared to hastelloy C276 hex bar and it is frequently referr as upgrade from C276.
A high chromium percentage in alloy c22 can lead to better corrosion resistance in oxidizing environment which significantly improve the material life.
Common severe oxidizing mediums are sodium chloride, hydrochloric acid, and sulfuric acid. Hastelloy C22 also provides excellent resistance to acetic anhydride, ferric and cupric chlorides, formic and acetic acids, brine solutions, and seawater, hot contaminated organic and inorganic acids.
Compared to nickel C276 flat bar, it has been found hastelloy C22 provides outstanding resistance to pitting, crevice and stress corrosion cracking.
Critical pitting and critical crevice corrosion
Both is been tested in the oxidizing medium for pitting and crevice corrosion. And it is proved that hastelloy C22 is more oxidizing media resistant even at high temperature. However it respond the same in reducing environment. Reducing agent include oxalic, formic and phosphorous acid.
Hastelloy C22 has been regularly used as weld filler material because it offers a better weldability and alloying ability, thus it has improved corrosion resistance. It also offers excellent resistance to intergranular corrosion in the heat affected zone of the weldments compared to alloy C276 rod.